Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | | More
Today’s episode of the Off The Grid Podcast is more of a quick update. I was running short on time because I spent a little more time than planned out collecting branches and tree limbs from the woods.. then veering off to explore a bit! If you have been keeping up with the recent shows you have heard me mention I am going to need a lot of downed wood for the garden. Wood in the garden you ask? Yes. This year I will be making some hugelkultur beds in my garden (buried rotting wood, twigs, and branches) so everything I can scrounge up from the surrounding forest will be made good use of! Last year I ad high hopes that my garden would be big, productive, and good eating! Unfortunately as the year went on I found myself easily overwhelmed with everything that needed to get done. First and foremost was simply getting out here off the grid. The camper needed much more work than I anticipated so the garden quickly got out of control and hard choices had to be made. Fast forward to this year and I am eager to have a bountiful garden this year. A few years ago I integrated a couple of no till hugelkultur beds into my garden. That was in the suburbs and after a few strange looks I had a wonderfully successful harvest from the garden that year. This is why I have been collecting so much wood from the forest.. I still need and want to get a LOT more!
Show notes from today’s Off The Grid Podcast
- Today’s lesson: If you know what is coming then do what need to get ready now!
- Be social! Connect with me and the podcast on Facebook, like the page, and tell a friend! 🙂
- If you want to be part of the conversation say hello on Zello! Search for Off The Grid Podcast channel.
- Please help support this show and the off grid community by checking out Off Grid Singles.
- Get The Off Grid Podcast on the go with iTunes and Stitcher. Please Subscribe and rate the show!
- Like to watch videos about off grid living? Please connect and subscribe to my new channel on YouTube.
- Got questions, comments, or tips about living off grid? Please share your thought below or Contact me!