Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | | More
If you are like me you are probably looking forward to springtime.. a lot! Sure we all love the warmer weather but if you have a green thumb or love to garden then this is the time of year you wait all winter for! I have a number of times in recent shows that my collection of found twigs, branches, and yes even trees from the surrounding forest have been piling up outside the off grid camper. I have been gathering as much as I can for this years wood core hugelkultur garden beds. One thing I have not talked about so much but quite possibly equally as important is the nearly 30 bags of leaves and pine straw I have been collecting as well. Most nights at my other job I keep an eye out for bags of yard waste (fall / winter leaves) to use for the top layer in my garden. Its kind of funny when you really think about it.. I have heard in many other countries fall leaves are prized for garden cover material. The top layer will be instrumental in keeping moisture in the found for the plants in this years off grid garden by the camper.
Today’s show is being posted late at night so I will try to keep the type portion of this episode brief. The pics for today’s Time Travel Tuesday segment should at the very least be a little something different. For episode 4? of Time Travel Tuesday we travel back in time about 15 years ago. When my car went up in flames years ago I learned one of the most valuable lessons to date when it comes to basic safety on the road. ALWAYS have at least one fire extinguisher in the vehicle at all times! This lesson can also be applied to just about everywhere else we spend out time.. at home, work, and even out camping would be a good idea. Yes its true pictures are worth a thousand words but if you have not already heard the story then tune in today for the wild Time Travel Tuesday segment as I tell the horror of seeing my new car going up in flames as fire trucks roar down the road to put the dragon out!
Show notes from today’s Off The Grid Podcast
- Today’s lesson: As a safety precaution always have at least 2 fire extinguishers in both your home and vehicles you drive. Fire safety tips for living on and off the grid. 🙂
- Be social! Connect with me and the podcast on Facebook, like the page, and tell a friend! 🙂
- Check out Live Video Broadcasts of the show here on Periscope.
- If you want to be part of the conversation say hello on Zello! Search for Off The Grid Podcast channel.
- Please help support this show and the off grid community by checking out Off Grid Singles.
- Get The Off Grid Podcast on the go with iTunes and Stitcher. Please Subscribe and rate the show!
- Like to watch videos about off grid living? Please connect and subscribe to my new channel on YouTube.
- Got questions, comments, or tips about living off grid? Please share your thought below or Contact me!