Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | | More
If you have been a long time listener to the Off The Grid Podcast in the last year you know a lot has happened out here in and around the camper. Right about this time last year my journey from the suburbs to a life outside the “normal” average American experience took a detour into the unknown. I had spent a good amount of time, energy, and money getting ready for living closer to nature in an off grid camper. Most people are already familiar with the term but in case you were wondering what it means to live off grid here is my definition. It is choosing to live without “grid tied” utilities.. as in now power or water. Yes I have solar panels for electricity (although they are not 100 percent because I need new deep cycle batteries). Yes I do have running water but it is not in the traditional sense you think of in the average household. What has this lifestyle taught me over the last year? In modern society we have it easy. I would even venture to say it makes us all soft.
In the last few months as summer was fast approaching I found myself looking back on everything I have been through in the last year. All of the challenges both physically and mentally. The human condition / experience is an amazing experience if you are brave enough to live fearlessly. Now with that being said I don’t mean being stupid! As I quickly found out if you do not have your common sense about you at all times your environment can turn deadly before you know it. Another angle to this recent reflection is that the lesson of history seems to in small ways laced or intertwined into our daily lives. As I’m sure you have heard “if you are not a student of history….”. Anyway these are some of my reflective thoughts for the day. Hopefully you are enjoying the podcast! I am constantly reminding myself at just how grateful I am to be able to experience living off grid out here in the camper among all of the sometimes strange and wonderful woodland creatures! lol
Show notes from today’s Off The Grid Podcast
- Today’s lesson: Try to learn as much as you can from history. It repeats itself!
- Be social! Connect with me and the podcast on Facebook, like the page, and tell a friend! 🙂
- Check out Live Video Broadcasts of the show here on Periscope.
- Brent emailed in his video here and also another listener feedback show here.
- If you want to be part of the conversation say hello on Zello! Search for Off The Grid Podcast channel.
- Please help support this show and the off grid community by checking out Off Grid Singles.
- Get The Off Grid Podcast on the go with iTunes and Stitcher. Please Subscribe and rate the show!
- Like to watch videos about off grid living? Please connect and subscribe to my new channel on YouTube.
- Got questions, comments, or tips about living off grid? Please share your thought below or Contact me!
Posted in Podcast Tagged with: adventure, Camper, driving, journey, life, Living, Off Grid, Off The Grid, Podcast, reflection