Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | | More
This last weekend I had the perfect opportunity to get a lot done thanks to a combination of beautiful weather and actually having a full day off work. Sunday I was able to get out into the wood core hugelkultur garden once again. In the few short years that I have been fortunate to be able to garden I have never had much luck with vine fruits. This weekend I gave it one more try as I planted 3 watermelon seedlings. If you have kept up with the podcast you know that my off grid garden is not your average garden. This years off grid garden venture is leaning heavily on wood core beds with a solid 4-5 inches of composting leaves and grass clippings above. All of this will help to maintain a natural source of moisture for the garden plants even during dry spells.
Next up was the “Wall O Beans”! As you can see from today’s featured image for the Off The Grid Podcast the dirt has been turned over. At the base of this natural lean to of tree limbs I planted two types of beans. Once the brutal summer heat is upon us hopefully these beans will be providing a natural wall of shade from the sun on the off grid camper. Also the fence has been extended down another 30 feet. Once the fence is complete and the beans have taken off the landscape around the camper should change dramatically. This will provide me with a lot of awesome fresh NON GMO vegetables and something to be proud of. Thank you for listening!
Show notes from today’s Off The Grid Podcast
- Today’s lesson: ~ From the weekend ~ You can get a lot more done if you concentrate your time in a single day VS trying to do a little over many days.
- Be social! Connect with me and the podcast on Facebook, like the page, and tell a friend! 🙂
- Check out Live Video Broadcasts of the show here on Periscope.
- Brent emailed in his video here and also another listener feedback show here.
- If you want to be part of the conversation say hello on Zello! Search for Off The Grid Podcast channel.
- Please help support this show and the off grid community by checking out Off Grid Singles.
- Get The Off Grid Podcast on the go with iTunes and Stitcher. Please Subscribe and rate the show!
- Like to watch videos about off grid living? Please connect and subscribe to my new channel on YouTube.
- Got questions, comments, or tips about living off grid? Please share your thought below or Contact me!
Posted in Podcast Tagged with: beans, Gardening, Living, natural, Off Grid, off the rid, Podcast, shade, Summer