Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | | More
Today’s show is a special one because after doing the Off The Grid Podcast for about a year now one of the listeners sent in a video. Brent took the time to email in a video and also had a great safety tip to share for anyone living off grid or hikers venturing out. Anytime you are out a good ways from society then you need to play it safe. Brent suggested sharing an important message for campers, hikers, and anyone venturing off the grid. He said it would be a good idea to know your GPS coordinates in case you ever needed to dial 911. This is a really great idea because a lot of times if you venture out away from the roads it could be hard for emergency personnel or first respondents to find you. If you know your GPS coordinates then if you ever needed help it could be there sooner rather than later. So this is one thing I will look up and keep on hand as well.
Brent also brought up a good point for the Off The Grid Podcast that I had not thought of. A few episodes ago (Show 101 & 102) I mentioned that I was working on incorporating a Patreon page for listeners that would like to help support the Off The Grid Podcast. The thing is I completely forgot that some people might like to help but at the same time may not be fond of a subscription based format. This was something I had not taken into consideration until now. Brent suggested that he and his wife might be interested in purchasing a walking stick / cane or two. This was another great idea and it gives me an excuse to work on something I enjoy doing. My dad got me into making canes when I was younger. I still remember being in awe admiring some of his craftsmanship. The beautiful spiraling wood grain where a vine had been elegantly swirled up looked like something a genuine wizard would have by his side. 🙂
If you are following me on Periscope I broadcast a live video a few hours ago. The video is the one mentioned in today’s podcast. I decided to show it there because after remembering I would be waiting for about 3-4 hours for it to upload a good nights rest sounded like a better option (its about midnight now and I am ready to go!). So if you would like to check out the video please click on the link below in the show notes for Periscope or you can check it out once the internet gods let me upload in a reasonable time frame again! lol 🙂 Thanks for listening and as always if you have anything to share please send me an email!
Show notes from today’s Off The Grid Podcast
- Today’s lesson: Be prepared when going camping, hiking, or living off grid. Know your GPS coordinates so first responders can find you if there an emergency!
- Be social! Connect with me and the podcast on Facebook, like the page, and tell a friend! 🙂
- Check out Live Video Broadcasts of the show here on Periscope.
- If you want to be part of the conversation say hello on Zello! Search for Off The Grid Podcast channel.
- Please help support this show and the off grid community by checking out Off Grid Singles.
- Get The Off Grid Podcast on the go with iTunes and Stitcher. Please Subscribe and rate the show!
- Like to watch videos about off grid living? Please connect and subscribe to my new channel on YouTube.
- Got questions, comments, or tips about living off grid? Please share your thought below or Contact me!
Posted in Podcast Tagged with: broadcast, cane, comments, emergency, GPS, listener feedback, Off Grid, Off The Grid, Podcast, Video, walking stick