Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | | More
If you are big into social media such as Facebook or Twitter then Zello is one you should give a good look at. The title for today’s episode says it all. Say hello on the all new Zello channel by searching for Off The Grid Podcast. Long time listeners will no doubt know that I am not a big fan of social media like Facebook but when I heard about Zello I was intrigued. For those of you that are asking just what is Zello don’t worry you can still join the party. so to speak. lol It allows pretty much anyone with either an internet or wifi connection to turn their smart phone or computer into a walkie talkie with an added bonus. We can all leave messages and everyone in the group or channel can listen to later on if they were not logged in at the time of the conversation. 🙂 If you remember back to the last show (Episode 75 of Off The Grid Podcast) I mentioned a list of goals and things to hopefully accomplish by this fast approaching end of year 2015. One of those goals was to create a Zello channel for all of you.. yes you and you and you! The brand new Zello channel is for all listeners of the podcast. Hopefully this will give us all a place to tune in and say hello once in a while to each other allowing all listeners the opportunity for connect with me personally on this really cool walkie talkie platform.
Facebook anyone? Ok so unless you have been living under a rock for last decade you probably already know all about Facebook so I will not bore you by rewording mindless creative ways to put sentences together about it. One quick note about FB as mentioned in today’s episode of the podcast regarding the really cool group I recently found for those interested in off grid living, practical self sufficiency, and sustainability. Please see the show notes below for a link to the group on Facebook for more info and to join. Enough said about FB then. 🙂
Image Credit: Today’s image is owned by and copyright Zello Inc. It is believed that the use of this low-resolution image of logos involving identification and critical commentary may qualify as fair use under United States copyright law. Use of the logo here does not imply endorsement of Off The Grid Podcast, nor vice versa.
Show notes from today’s Off The Grid Podcast
- Today’s lesson: The world truly is getting smaller with the evolution of social media and the internet.
- Be social! Connect with me and the podcast on Facebook, like the page, and tell a friend! 🙂
- Link to the Cool group on FB for those interested in Practical Self Sufficiency & Off Grid Living
- If you want to be part of the conversation say hello on Zello! Search for Off The Grid Podcast channel.
- Please help support this show and the off grid community by checking out Off Grid Singles.
- Get The Off Grid Podcast on the go with iTunes and Stitcher. Please Subscribe and rate the show!
- Like to watch videos about off grid living? Please connect and subscribe to my new channel on YouTube.
- Got questions, comments, or tips about living off grid? Please share your thought below or Contact me!