Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | | More
The cleanup has begun and the future Off Grid camper was in the middle of a major cleaning overhaul! Tonight I was back at it in the camper putting some gloves on and gearing up for a serious clean job of the really dirty camper. It was about 10PM and my homemade AC unit was blowing in the background. Yes even this late at night it was still hot in the camper! It was a super simple contraption made up of a Styrofoam cooler, a few DC powered fans, and a few soda bottles of frozen ice. My homemade AC worked but not that well. It was only putting out 4 to 5 degrees cooler air. It was 84 – 85 degrees with 81 degrees air from the air conditioner. Up until now the main goal was to fix the roof. After another long day I was again looking forward to the precious few hours to put toward working on the camper. Earlier I stopped by the Dollar Store for some basic cleaning supplies like bleach, mold & mildew remover, and a small assortment of other helpful stuff for this seemingly momentous task. The camper was only 28 foot so how bad could it be? lol
The last time before leaving the camper I set off a bug fogger. I read the directions thoroughly to make sure I knew what to expect and heaven forbid what to do if anything went wrong. After closing all of the windows, vents, and propping the door open ready to go I set the canister in a glass baking pan toward the center of the camper. Fast forward to today’s Off The Grid Podcast episode and the camper was ready for a good cleaning.
new rubber roof cracked
With all the recent progress my focus started to turn to other things like a working fridge and getting the floor repaired. The floor was going to be a serious undertaking and I did not know it yet. This episode of Off The Grid Podcast was recorded back in late June just before the adventure in the camper was REALLY set to begin! lol The place where I was staying at (on the couch) was soon to come to an end as a new deadline of July 1st to be off the grid. Thanks for listening I appreciate it!
Show notes from today’s Off The Grid Podcast
- Lesson for today. Don’t put the roofing material on too thick all at once 😛
- I will post some pictures and a video of my homemade AC here soon (will edit this when up)
- If you have questions, comments, or tips about living off grid then please post them here!
- Please help support this show and the off grid community by checking out Off Grid Singles.
- The Off Grid Podcast is now available on iTunes and Stitcher so please subscribe and rate the show!
- If you like the show please help support this journey off grid by telling a friend about the podcast 🙂