Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | | More
As I wake up each day out here stepping outside the off grid camper it almost seems like spring has arrived early this year. The warmer weather in the beginning of March along with some subtle signs from mother nature make an early spring this year more real. The bees are beginning to buzz about, the birds seem to be chirping with a little more enthusiasm, spiders of all kinds seem to be a bit more acrobatic, the trees are budding with anticipation of the warmer weather, and the frogs continue their nightly symphony serenading the sun at the dawn of each new day. Yup.. Forget the calendar mother nature knows that spring is here! 🙂 Once again i have been gathering a lot more wood for this years garden. If you are asking don’t you have enough already? Well.. no not yet. I am trying to get as much as I can out of the forest before the ticks and snakes are in full swing for the warm spring season.
Today’s Time Travel Tuesday segment flashes back 27 years ago to the year of 1989. Back then I was living in Washington State. As a kid I had a paper route and one year the Seattle Times newspaper was offering prizes for selling new subscriptions. This particular year I was fortunate enough to be able to go to a major league baseball game with the Seattle Mariners vs the Boston Redsox. If you are reading this before listening to the Time Travel Tuesday segment I will not spoil it for you. I will however give you a clue about today’s item(s) if you have not already guessed by the featured image here in the show notes. Today’s story takes us back to 1989 just after a baseball game when I experienced a moment of being starstruck as Darnell Coles of the Seattle Mariners baseball team autographed my batters glove. If you are a big baseball fan and would like to learn more check out Darnell Coles stats on Baseball Almanac.
Thank you for listening! If you have any show suggestions, comments, questions, or feedback please feel free to email me!
Show notes from today’s Off The Grid Podcast
- Today’s lesson: Epi 101 Revisited ~ If you find yourself feeling discouraged just remember your future is a blank slate. Today is the first day of the rest of your life!
- Be social! Connect with me and the podcast on Facebook, like the page, and tell a friend! 🙂
- Check out Live Video Broadcasts of the show here on Periscope.
- If you want to be part of the conversation say hello on Zello! Search for Off The Grid Podcast channel.
- Please help support this show and the off grid community by checking out Off Grid Singles.
- Get The Off Grid Podcast on the go with iTunes and Stitcher. Please Subscribe and rate the show!
- Like to watch videos about off grid living? Please connect and subscribe to my new channel on YouTube.
- Got questions, comments, or tips about living off grid? Please share your thought below or Contact me!