Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | | More
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday proved to be one of the most eventful weekends to date out in this little part of the world. This last weekend the weatherman was calling for some snow, sleet, and rain. At times it almost seemed like the weatherman was a DJ spinning gusts of snow storms like records.. skillfully adjusting the knobs that controlled the weather conditions along the way! Friday I had a reminder from the powers that be that as of yet I am still exploring the lesson(s) to which I am supposed to learn from. By this I am referring to two chance encounters with my ex-girlfriend on the same day at two different locations. Friday was only the beginning as the winter weather snow storm was just getting started. Moving into Saturday here in Virginia we really got hammered by a solid day long blizzard. I realize this may not mean a lot to some people living up north or in areas where you are used to a lot of snow but down here that is significant! When the weekend was all said and done it seemed like life had surprises and challenges around almost every corner. I had an issue with my Mr. Buddy Heater not turning on in the hard freezing cold of a sleet and snow filled night. Thanks to the blizzard and snow accumulations on Saturday managed to completely miss my “driveway” and almost got stuck in a ditch. Went for a super peaceful yet invigorating walk WAY of the path in the woods.. because I knew with my footprints in the snow I could not get lost!! 🙂 Oh and I already mentioned the interesting angle from my personal life. Yup! This truly was an off grid Winter Wonderland out here complete with a healthy sprinkling of wildly eventful weekend moments compared to the normal peace and quiet nature has to offer. lol
Show notes from today’s Off The Grid Podcast
- Today’s lesson: Two is one, one is none. When it comes to heat in the winter, needing to drive, or whatever you better have a backup!
- Be social! Connect with me and the podcast on Facebook, like the page, and tell a friend! 🙂
- If you want to be part of the conversation say hello on Zello! Search for Off The Grid Podcast channel.
- Please help support this show and the off grid community by checking out Off Grid Singles.
- Get The Off Grid Podcast on the go with iTunes and Stitcher. Please Subscribe and rate the show!
- Like to watch videos about off grid living? Please connect and subscribe to my new channel on YouTube.
- Got questions, comments, or tips about living off grid? Please share your thought below or Contact me!