Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | | More
If you are like me you enjoy gardening as well as all the fresh fruits and veggies each season. Over the last few months I have been fortunate enough to have my first “off grid garden”. Gardening can be challenging at times. When you add in the fact that I am right in the middle of mother nature’s back yard with all the woodland creatures big and small along with a whole plethora of insects this year of gardening beside the off grid camper has been a learning experience to say the least. It seems that my countless hours dragging fallen tree limbs from the forest, gathering bags of leaves from the side of the road, and overall preparing the off grid wood core (hugeukulture) garden bed has really paid off! Still with all the critters and sometimes relentless summer heat is seems as though some of my garden is heading down hill.
The tomato plants are really heading out fast. My cucumbers are for the most part done for this season. All of the okra is going crazy!
Unfortunately fortunately they are growing so fast that I keep missing them when they are small enough to pick for good eating. When I got back from my road trip to Pennsylvania it seemed like the 2 foot long beans just grew overnight. The pepper plants on the other hand have really made a comeback! I planted a couple varieties of bell pepper but they did not make it. The Tabasco peppers are doing great and I also have another variety that is doing good as well.. did I mention that both of these are HOT!!!!??? Anyway.. if you have not already listened to today’s podcast please listen for more on this. Also look forward to either the next video episode or the following week where I will share my recipe for an awesome super healthy spicy vinegar with a kick to it. Its great for adding to any dish you like with vinegar.
*** I forgot to take a pic of the garden but will upload one tomorrow!! 🙂 ***
Show notes from today’s Off The Grid Podcast
- Today’s lesson: If you are growing new peppers in your garden be careful before taking to big of a bite into a potentially very HOT pepper!!
- Be social! Connect with me and the podcast on Facebook, like the page, and tell a friend! 🙂
- Check out Live Video Broadcasts of the show here on Periscope.
- Brent emailed in his video here and also another listener feedback show here.
- If you want to be part of the conversation say hello on Zello! Search for Off The Grid Podcast channel.
- Please help support this show and the off grid community by checking out Off Grid Singles.
- Get The Off Grid Podcast on the go with iTunes and Stitcher. Please Subscribe and rate the show!
- Like to watch videos about off grid living? Please connect and subscribe to my new channel on YouTube.
- Got questions, comments, or tips about living off grid? Please share your thought below or Contact me!