Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | | More
This past weekend I was fortunate enough to be able to go up north for a family reunion. Now this trip wasn’t all rainbows and butterflies but it was a good time none the less. The 12 hour drive up included an unscheduled and unwanted 2 hour scenic route through the mountains of Pa. Yup you guessed it.. I got lost when the sun went down so I found myself taking the scenic route around the mountains and through towns so small they only had a couple of traffic lights. It felt good to finally reach my destination and I went straight to bed. The next day family reunion activities were in full swing. The food was excellent and everyone had a good time catching up on how things have been. After we all ate it was time for games like trivia, toss grandmas purse, and everyone favorite “dirty” bingo! Next we had the family auction. Yes it was a lot of fun and I really look forward to going each year when I can.
Every once in a while a long road trip to visit family in Pennsylvania is a great reset for me. Despite my humble abode (the off grid camper) I am still very much a part of this “normal” suburban society on a daily basis with work and all. Going to visit my family up north reminds me of just how much a difference there is in culture from region to region. For better or worse there is always something to learn and life to experience. Up there I was reminded of what small town America is all about. People in general seemed to be nicer, have more manors, and an overall better set of ethics quite honestly. Just an observation. 🙂
Video Post notes from today’s Off The Grid Podcast
- Today’s lesson: Slowing down to enjoy the simple moments in life can remind you of just how special this experience that we call life is.
- Like to watch videos about off grid living? Please connect and subscribe to my new channel on YouTube.
- If you want to be part of the conversation say hello on Zello! Search for Off The Grid Podcast channel.
- Be social & Connect on Facebook, subscribe YouTube, or send me an email through the Contact page!
- Get The Off Grid Podcast on the go with iTunes and Stitcher. Please Subscribe and rate the show!
- Please help support this show and the off grid community by checking out Off Grid Singles.