Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | | More
When you are not used to seeing certain things in a new environment then you are in for a few surprises every now and then. One such surprise struck me as odd last fall as something caught my ear. I stepped outside of the off grid camper and as I looked around searching for the source of a chewing and popping sound the ground moved! I quickly ran inside the camper and grabbed my knife, flipped the video cam on, and snatched a shovel on the way back out. At first I thought it might be a snake because there are plenty of them out here off grid. Then I realize that it was chewing through roots and moving way too quickly to be a snake. It was a groundhog! Hopefully you enjoy the video as much as I do. For a city guy not used to seeing things like this it was a pleasant surprise to see the ground moving as the little groundhog went about his business. Quickly realizing that there was no danger I left him alone to dig and went about my day. In the months that followed he burrowed many a paths around the off grid camper naturally irrigating the ground. lol
Video Post notes from today’s Off The Grid Podcast
- Today’s lesson: Appreciate the little things in life. As above so below.
- Like to watch videos about off grid living? Please connect and subscribe to my new channel on YouTube.
- If you want to be part of the conversation say hello on Zello! Search for Off The Grid Podcast channel.
- Be social & Connect on Facebook, subscribe YouTube, or send me an email through the Contact page!
- Get The Off Grid Podcast on the go with iTunes and Stitcher. Please Subscribe and rate the show!
- Please help support this show and the off grid community by checking out Off Grid Singles.