Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | | More
Today’s video episode of the Off The Grid Podcast ventures out into the forest collecting wood, bags of leaves, digging a trench, and yes making a wood core hugelkulture garden. Living off grid has many benefits and also many challenges as well. One of the challenges of not being tied to municipal water supply quickly becomes apparent if you enjoy gardening. Most traditional gardens require you to water almost daily. If you want to have a garden off grid then you will need to explore other options when it comes to keeping your garden watered. Hugelcultur or wood core garden beds are an excellent alternative to traditional methods of gardening because they require substantially less watering. If you have been following the podcast you know that I tried this thinking outside of the box idea several years ago. At the time I was living in the suburbs with an average size back yard. I was absolutely amazed at just how little water the garden required ( I only watered the garden 3 times that year!) Fast forward to this year being my first year gardening off the grid and it was a no brainer that this is how my garden would be done this year. Today’s video of the off grid hugelkulture wood core garden is more or less a compilation many clips I videoed over the last few months. Preparing the wood, soil, compost, and collecting numerous bags of leaves from the side of the road is all about to pay off with this years garden. Later on I will be posting longer videos showing each step of the process for the off grid hugelkulture garden. For now please sit back and enjoy a quick snapshot of all my hard work up until this point. lol If you would like to view this video on YouTube check it out here. 🙂 As always if you have any questions, comments, or feedback for myself or the show please email me anytime! Thank you for watching!
Video Post notes from today’s Off The Grid Podcast
- Today’s lesson: Video can tell and show a lot more than audio alone.
- Like to watch videos about off grid living? Please connect and subscribe to my new channel on YouTube.
- If you want to be part of the conversation say hello on Zello! Search for Off The Grid Podcast channel.
- Be social & Connect on Facebook, subscribe YouTube, or send me an email through the Contact page!
- Get The Off Grid Podcast on the go with iTunes and Stitcher. Please Subscribe and rate the show!
- Please help support this show and the off grid community by checking out Off Grid Singles.