Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | | More
When it comes to the numerous mini adventure I have had out here living off grid I am grateful it is only now that I have had to deal with critters in the camper. Have you ever had a mouse or several mice in the house at some point in your life? Surprisingly only now have mice decided to explore my off grid camper and take up residence. When I first got out here last year the off grid camper was getting a major overhaul. I worked on replacing the roof and redoing the floor to start then started getting ready for winter. It was only last week that I heard the sound that every RV, camper, and tiny home owner dreaded.. as I lay down to sleep the sound of scratching and chewing were in the walls. Later on that night I woke to the sound of a mouse gnawing on what sounded like a small metal cover outside the camper. There is a line that stands between me and the peace of my environment. It does not matter if you are living on grid or living off the grid the slow steady destruction of your home by rodents in never welcome. The second night I set out two mouse traps and caught one mouse. The next night I slept like a baby! A couple nights later I woke several times in one night pausing only to bang on the wall then drifting back off to sleep for a brief time. The next night almost immediately two new traps caught two more mice. For now the night is silent.
For now I can sleep. If more of the troublesome rodents should return they will be greeted with peanut butter.. weather they choose to pass on the dangerous delicacy and venture back out into the wild of the forest is their choice. Personally I hope they find somewhere else to go. Stay away varmints! lol It is late at night as I type this now so yes I am tired.
Today’s Time Travel Tuesday segment takes us back about 20 years ago to 1990 – 1991. One summer in 1990 while visiting my grandpa he gave me a survival knife. I will leave the story for the podcast so please take a listen and enjoy. If you have any questions, comments, or feedback please send me an email. I would love to hear from you! Please look for a pic of the survival knife up here tomorrow. ( I will post it here ) 🙂
Show notes from today’s Off The Grid Podcast
- Today’s lesson: When you find yourself setting mouse traps make sure to set out an extra trap for more mice. Two is one, one is none (redundancy / backup survival tip).
- Be social! Connect with me and the podcast on Facebook, like the page, and tell a friend! 🙂
- Check out Live Video Broadcasts of the show here on Periscope.
- If you want to be part of the conversation say hello on Zello! Search for Off The Grid Podcast channel.
- Please help support this show and the off grid community by checking out Off Grid Singles.
- Get The Off Grid Podcast on the go with iTunes and Stitcher. Please Subscribe and rate the show!
- Like to watch videos about off grid living? Please connect and subscribe to my new channel on YouTube.
- Got questions, comments, or tips about living off grid? Please share your thought below or Contact me!