Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | | More
Depending on which part of the country you are in you may or may not have been in the path of this last weekends major rain storm. Out here off the grid my camper was right in the middle of it with a relentless couple of days drenching the ground with a LOT of rain. It rained for a better part of 2 or 3 days. Was there ever a time you really needed to go somewhere but couldn’t because your vehicle was not as ready to go as you were? With the tremendous amount of rain in such a short period of time I grew even more aware of the possibility of getting my car stuck in the mud. So I decided to bug out for the weekend! As I left Friday morning I found myself driving down the road thinking about bugging out to avoid getting stuck in the mud.
After bugging out for the weekend to family’s house I began working on one of my goals for February. This particular goal (going to bed early and getting up earlier) is one that I have struggled with most of my life. In general I have just accepted the fact that I am a night owl by nature.They say that most people are either early birds or night owls.. I fall into the latter category. This may seem fairly straight forward but for whatever reason has eluded me until now ..or at least this last weekend I was reminded of this. It seems that the key to this goal of switching up my sleep schedule came down to one thing. I had to exercise my will power to avoid any electronics before bed. This means no computer, cell phone, video games, etc. All in all it was a very busy weekend and a great one as well. There is no sense in typing everything out so I will leave some for today’s podcast episode.
Show notes from today’s Off The Grid Podcast
- Today’s lesson: When the weather gets really bad play it smart or you will get stuck.
- Be social! Connect with me and the podcast on Facebook, like the page, and tell a friend! 🙂
- If you want to be part of the conversation say hello on Zello! Search for Off The Grid Podcast channel.
- Please help support this show and the off grid community by checking out Off Grid Singles.
- Get The Off Grid Podcast on the go with iTunes and Stitcher. Please Subscribe and rate the show!
- Like to watch videos about off grid living? Please connect and subscribe to my new channel on YouTube.
- Got questions, comments, or tips about living off grid? Please share your thought below or Contact me!